Monday, June 11, 2012

dahyun yang/opinion paragraph/mon34

 

< Colombo, Best City Ever >

 

Have you ever been to Colombo? Colombo is the biggest city and capital of Sri Lanka. I have been there when I was 13 years old. When I first got there, hot and humid weather irritated me a lot. However, soon I became love this city. There are several reasons. First of all, the cost of living is low. Almost all the restaurants were very cheap and delicious even though they were on the main street. There were also many kinds of tropical fruits and vegetables at competitive prices. It goes without saying that the transportation like bus or taxi was convenient and cheap. And second, there are many popular attractions. Buddhist temples are everywhere and also ancient ruins are well preserved. There are National Museum at the low price of 300 Rupi and beach with palm trees is good to take some rest. Lastly, even though Sri Lanka is still a underdeveloped country, people have good manners and warm human affection. When crossing the street, pedestrian takes priority even without traffic lights. And whenever I went to a marketplace, even though it was hard to communicate with sellers, they throw in a few more with a smile. Also taxi drivers were all very kind and active. Since I was stranger there, people taught me the way kindly.

I know that many people still think that Sri Lanka is still too underdeveloped country and that the Colombo is not a good city to live in. However, if I have a chance to choose the city where I live in, I would certainly choose Colombo. And therefore I recommend people to visit Colombo for these reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment