Saturday, June 2, 2012

Oh You Jeong/Narrative Paragraph/mon34

Rush! Rushmore

 

     To me, Mount Rushmore is not a beautiful, famous monument. Rushmore is the place my family literally had to 'rush'. Why did we have to rush instead of taking a good look at the one of the famous sculptures in America? It was because of the white sprinkles coming from the sky, 'snow'. Ten years ago, my family traveled in America for 2months. We went to San Francisco, Colorado, New Mexico and other places too. We were having the perfect trip ever. My dad rented the car and we felt like we could go anywhere in America. We didn't stop. We kept driving and moved to one place to another. We saw a bunch of famous monuments and always took a picture of them, except for one, Mount Rushmore. Going to Mount Rushmore that day had probably been the worst choice my dad has ever made. We arrived at South Dakota and headed straight to Mount Rushmore. The weather was really cold but it didn't seem like a big deal at the moment. However, when we were going up to see the Mont Rushmore, it started to snow, a lot. We thought about going back, but my dad insisted not to. Finally, we stepped right in front of the sculpture with the camera, but it was snowing so hard that we couldn't see anything even with our bare eyes. It was a failure. We got disappointed and turned back to found out we were the only people who came to see Rushmore on a badly snowy day. There was no one who could help us in case of an emergency. That's when my dad said, "guys, lets rush!".

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it was very enjoyable to read your paragraph. I think you tried to describe the happenings when you traveld America. It was very detailed writing, I think you focused well on being narrative. However, I think it would be better if you mentioned the topic that you chose and gonna explain about. Other than that, I think it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I liked your narrative writing about the disasterous situation that you experienced while travelling in America. I found it very interesting that you used a word "rush" for sympathizing a bad experience at "rushmore". Since this is a narrative paragraph, it would be better if the writing contains more details about what happened at the rushmore. Ohter than that, your writing is overall interesting and awesome.

    ReplyDelete