Friday, May 11, 2012

Da-hyun Yang / a special gift / Mon 11am

                                                     < Fruitful Labor >

                                                                                             Da-hyun Yang

 

It is always so hard to choose the gift for someone special. Some might think it better to offer some money, so that the recipient may use it as he or she thinks best. But in my case, I can not feel the giver's care for me when I got money as a gift. Therefore I think it is important to choose something unique and special that communicates your care for the recipient. When you choose a gift, the first thing to consider is a taste and preference of the person you are sending the gift to. if the gift does not suit the recipient's taste, it can be a meaningless one no matter how expensive it is. For example, I bought soccer shoes to my younger brother in New Zealand, but he was the captain of the basketball team. Even though he thanked me, I was so sorry about that. Because it means I was careless to him. And Second, you have to consider your budget. Expensive gift is not always the best gift. Too expensive gift can make both the recipient and the giver feel uncomfortable. Then finally, if you decide what to buy based on the recipient's taste and your budget, do legwork or search the internet ! Even though the process of choosing the gift can be a hard work, the givers' mind will filled with happiness when they see the smile on the recipient's face.

2 comments:

  1. Hello my name is NaYeon Kwon. I like your writing because the flow is good and the sentences are connected well. I also think your first example is very clear and also cute. However, personally, I think te word recipient seem a bit awkward. Maybe it could be better if you just write the peron who's getting the present. Also, I think you can rephrase the the last sentence to make it more smooth. Other than that, I think it's good. Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd draft ;

    < Fruitful Labor >
    Da-hyun Yang

    It is always so hard to choose the gift for someone special. Some might think it better to offer some money, so that the receiver may use it as he or she thinks best. But in my case, I can not feel the giver's care for me when I got money as a gift. Therefore I think it is important to choose something unique and special that communicates your care for the receiver. When you choose a gift, the first thing to consider is a taste and preference of the person you are sending the gift to. If the gift does not suit the receiver's taste, it can be a meaningless one no matter how expensive it is. For example, I bought soccer shoes to my younger brother in New Zealand, but he was the captain of the basketball team. Even though he thanked me, I was so sorry about that. Because it means I was careless to him. And Second, you have to consider your budget. Expensive gift is not always the best gift. Too expensive one can make both the giver and the receiver feel uncomfortable. Then finally, if you decide what to buy based on the receiver's taste and your budget, do legwork or search the internet! The process of choosing the gift can be a hard work to almost everyone. But you will soon realize that gift giving can make not only the receiver but also the giver become happy.

    ReplyDelete