Friday, May 25, 2012

Ji Eun Lee/ Best age to get married/ Mon 11am

When Is The Perfect Time To Get Married?

I am 21 years old, still young to think about marriage seriously. But I sometimes imagine when I would like to get married and how it would be like. At first I wanted to get married when I was younger, because I had a dream of living happily with my lover as soon as possible. However as time passed, I have changed my mind for few reasons. In my opinion, it is ideal to get married between 28~30 years old. First, those ages are when I become mature enough to get responsible for my marriage. Getting married requires lots of conditions in reality. You have to consider from stabilization of livelihood to trust between you and your spouse. For instance, my parents got married upon university graduation. They had a difficult time because they didn't have enough money since they were just graduates. Therefore my mother always told me not to hurry for getting married. It is the perfect time when I am ready to support my own family. Therefore you need to take time and prepare for your marriage through consideration. Next, I want to focus on achieving my own goals and having various experiences in 20s. In fact it is true that you will get some limitation after getting married. For example, especially women have to set aside their career and spend time on family including house work and baby care. In order not to regret later, I want to do everything I want such as traveling and learning in 20s. After I become satisfied with full of joy, then I will focus on my marriage. On the other hand, no one knows when I will actually get married in the future. It can be earlier or later than what I expect. But the one thing for sure is that I want to get married when I am confident in my decision. Therefore, between 28~30 years old is the best age to get married and start new life.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Youna Lee. It was nice to read your writing!
    What I liked about your writing is that you wrote very specifically about your reasons, so that they are more convincing and I could clearly understand your main points. However, if you change the sentence 'It is the pergect time when I am ready to support my own family.' into 'So I think between 28-30 is the best age to~~' like this, it would be better. Except that, I overally enjoyed your writing really much. Thank you for reading my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good. I like your way. Your work has a logical structure and vivid episodes. I can understand your changed opinion and the reasons. But the three sentences after the sentence started with 'on the other hand' should be removed. Those sentences hurt coherence though I agree that no one knows his or her wedding day. I really enjoyed your writing. Okay, go and achieve your own goal, and you will someday meet your only one. Bye.

    ReplyDelete