Wednesday, May 30, 2012

HakyungChin/Opinion Paragraph/MON11

Truly Embarrassing

 

           When I was in 4th grade, I went to an English institute. We practiced everyday conversations in class. One day, our tutor asked us to have a conversation about planning a study club. There were about 4 students in my group. We talked about having a study club at my house on a Saturday afternoon. I thought it was for real. So I told my mom that I was having a study club meeting in our house and that we should prepare some snack. So my mom made tuna sandwiches and juice. We waited and waited but nobody came. So I called one of the students and found out that planning a study club was just for practicing conversations. I was so embarrassed and since that day, everyone in class laughed about it. Now I can laugh about it too. But to the twelve-year-old girl, it was a big shame.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I laughed while reading your writing because I do have a similar expereince that you described. I can see your point clearly why that moment was "truly embarassing" and it was a shame for you. Although your writing seems awesome, it would be better if it contains more information-this seems a little short. If written longer and contain more contexts, this writing will be definitely better and more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly Embarrassing



    When I was in 4th grade, I went to an English institute. It was an institue called 'YBM'. We practiced everyday conversations in class. One day, our tutor,Jenny, asked us to have a conversation about planning a study club. There were about 4 students in my group. We talked about having a study club at my house because my house was the closest from the institute. We planned our study club on a Saturday afternoon. I thought it was for real. So I told my mom that I was having a study club meeting in our house and that we should prepare some snack. So my mom made her specialty, tuna sandwiches and juice. We waited and waited but nobody came. So I called one of the students and found out that planning a study club was just for practicing conversations. I was so embarrassed and since that day, everyone in class laughed about it. The tutor would always say after giving us an imaginary situation:"As a matter of fact, this is just for practicing." Now, I can laugh about this incident too. But it was a big shame to the twelve-year-old girl and she always wanted to sneack in to a mouse hole.

    ReplyDelete