Thursday, May 17, 2012

YoungHoon Kim / Teacher / Mon 11a.m.

Worst Teacher of My Life

201100652 YoungHoon Kim

 

Since I was little, I have met a lot of teachers. Luckily, I had good teachers except for one teacher. Gwangsu Lee, the worst teacher in my life, was my homeroom teacher when I was third grade in high school. He always said "This year is the most important time of your life". He talked about Korean SAT from the morning to the evening. At first, students including me were motivated but after a while students got a lot of pressure and stressed out. Also, he liked to tease the students with their grades. For example, I had a mock test of Korean SAT in May and I ruined my test that I scored 15 less points than former test in Korean geography. I was disappointed about the points and this feeling converted into anger when the teacher teased me with the grade in front of whole class. Furthermore, he had a good brain but he used this in a bad way. He memorized all students' score in my class. After exams, he liked to call students with their grades instead of their name. For instance, if I got 91 points in English, he called me as "English 91". As he was too obsessed with students' grades, my classmates didn't like him. Despite this, he kept evaluating students solely with their grades. Sadly, for three months ago, he retired and lost the chance to change his behavior. He was harsh to me but I think he is one of the most memorable teachers in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Youna Lee. It was really nice to read your writing piece :)
    I think you did a really great job on this time's writing focus. Because your writing contains enough examples, details and a story with quetations! It redoubles your writing's interest and enable readers to concentrate more. Except fewgrammatical faults, it was perfect I think. I also thought that you really had hard time because of that teacher.
    Thank you for reading my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Da-hyun Yang

    To Younghoon Kim

    Hi ! I was scary while reading your writing. I think I am so lucky that I did not meet the teacher like yours. I like that you wrote your own episodes specifically. I think there are so specific that I have nothing to tell you to change. Just one thing I can suggest you is that in the sentence " As he was too obsessed with students' grades’ , it would be better if you change AS into another word. As you heard in class last week, it can be ambiguous. Anyway it was really interesting to read your writing !

    ReplyDelete