Friday, May 18, 2012

Oh You Jeong/Unforgettable Teacher/mon34

<The Trusted Teacher>

 

     We meet a lot of teachers in our life. Some teachers stay in student's memories forever as the best teacher or the worst teacher. The teacher who will stay in my head forever is my homeroom teacher in highschool 3rd grade. He was a Korean teacher and his teaching methods were stunning. His class was the only class that we could actually laugh while studying. Usually, most classes were boring but his class made us become passionate about studying Korean. We still don't know how we did it, but, at first my classroom had the lowest test grade among 6 classes, however, after 3 months, my classroom had the highest test grade. I still remember my teacher opening the front door and say, "We made the miracle guys! All of the teachers are stunned right now!!". The reason why we made such a great improvement was that we trusted him. He used to tell us,"Don't be so stressed about test results, your grades will naturally go up". Since then, we studied with trust, trust that we will make it. On the SAT day, even though I was so nervous that my hands were shaking hard and heart was beating so fast, faster than ever, I still believed that I would never fail. Luckily, with that trust, I had fine results. The day after the exam, we came to school and there were some students who actually had the highest grade and of course the opposite too. Some students in other class blamed their teacher about their poor results, however no one in my class blamed our teacher about anything. We still trust his words, that we will make it. I'm glad he was my teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Your writing sounds very alive! I actually was able to picture the situation you were in. Especially, your description of the day you took the university entrance exam(described as the SAT on your writing) was both specific and well-expressed. Also, I had the impression of the teacher's caring mind. With the teacher, I'm glad that you actually got a good score on the exam. I think the quotations were used well too. I can't think of anything that can improve your writing because it just seems fine to me.

    ReplyDelete