Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kyeong-eun Lee / A Special Gift / Mon34

<A Red Purse for My Sister>

  I have an older sister Kyeong-rim, and as she has a job and earns money, she usually buys me a gift. A year ago, however, on her 29th birthday, I presented her a red purse, and I realized that not only receiving, but giving also feels good. So I decided to give some surprising presents to my lovers. Let me explain the process I took to buy my sister's purse. First, I decided what to buy. Before giving someone a present, we have to know what the receiver needs at that time. As I live with my sister, I knew that she wanted to change her purse. Second, figure out the receiver's taste. We have to exactly know what they like and do not like. In this point, the more important one is recognizing what they DO NOT like. Suppose that I bought her a green purse with a big ribbon, and that she hates green and ribbon. What happen? The giver and the receiver both become nervous; the former would feel kinds of refusal, and the latter would feel burden – in this case, not giving any gift is better. Back to my sister's purse, I already knew what her taste is. She loves red. So I decided to buy her a red purse. Third process is searching. In this process, I studied lots of purse brands and the designs. And I also learnt the prices and compared from one to the other. After studying, the last step is buying. I compared lots of purses and picked one red purse from C brand because its design was quite luxurious that it could attract my sisters' eyes, and what is better, the price was reasonable. So after above process, I bought my special gift and gave her. Watching her feeling happy, I also was happy and thanked to the red purse.

 

1 comment:

  1. From Da-hyun Yang
    To Kyeong-eun Lee

    Hi:D i enjoyed reading your writing. Your processes with proper example made me understand your writing much easier. Steps are well-organized and especially I like the part that you also become realize that giving is also a happiness. But while reading, some grammatical mistakes made me hard to read. For example, 'we have to exactly know' should be change to ' we have to know exactly what...' . And I can not understand what this sentence means; 'I also learnt the prices and compared from one to the other.' except those it was interesting to your writing !

    ReplyDelete