Friday, May 25, 2012

Youna Lee/ best city/ Mon34

Cheongju, peaceful but vigorous city in Korea

     Last summer vacation, I went to Cheongju with my family. Since my father was living there because of his business, we went there to meet him as well as to look around Cheongju. When I had to come back to Seoul, I was really sad to leave there so early. Cheongju was an awesome city! First of all, it has really clean natural environment and beautiful scenery. Mountain Uam surrounds the city with its greenness and coziness, and river musim adds more to the beauty. Also, I went to the Cheongju tree lined street, and it was absolutely great. Hundreds of Plane trees radiate refreshing energy and power of life. It was just amazing! It is not surprising that this street is best known as the site of the movie Late Autumn 's last scene. Secondly, it has good accessibility to other cities. Since it is located in the middle of the country, it does not take many hours to go to the other provinces. Many people are commute to Seoul and it only takes about one hour and a half. If you take the train or bus, the commute time will be more reduced. Finally, it has good educational conditions. I don't think lots of private schools and famous teachers only make good educational environment. Various cultural festivals, historical remains, museums and nature is also great teachers for children. Cheongju has all of those! It biennially holds Cheongju International Craft Biennale, and this year it also holds Cheongju jikji festival as Cheongju is a jome of jikj which is the first metal type worldwide. Above these, there are a bunch of historic things and places such as Cheongnamdae, jikji museum, and heungdeok temple. They will be affect children's education in positive way greatly. Therefore, I strongly recommend you to go to Cheongju and feel how great place it is to live!

3 comments:

  1. Hello my name is NaYeon Kwon. I have never been to Chungju but it sounds like a wonderful city. You used very simple, easy words so it was easy to understand. However, on the other hand, it was a bit fragmentary. I also noticed that the subject changes a lot. If you changed or standardize all those, I think it would be more clear. Other than that, I think you expressed the city very well. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! This is YoungHoon Kim. I liked your writing because you gave clear explanation. I have no experice to go there but I'm curious about it after reading your paragraph. But there are some akward expressions and words. Also, there are some grammartical mistakes. If you make these things right, it would be perfect writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheongju, peaceful but vigorous city in Korea (Final Draft)

    Last summer vacation, I went to Cheongju with my family. Since my father was living there because of his business, we went there to meet him as well as to look around Cheongju. When I had to come back to Seoul, I was really sad to leave there so early. Cheongju was an awesome city! First of all, it has really clean natural environment and beautiful scenery. Mountain Uam surrounds the city with its greenness and coziness, and river musim adds beauty to it. Also there is a Cheongju tree lined street which is one of the famous place in Cheongju. Hundreds of Plane trees radiate refreshing energy and power of life. It was just amazing! It is not surprising that this street is the site of the movie Late Autumn's last scene. Secondly, it has good accessibility to other cities. Since it is located in the middle of the country, it does not take many hours to go to the other provinces. Especially many people are commute to Seoul and it only takes about one hour and a half. If you take the train or bus, the commute time to Seoul will be more reduced. Finally, it has good educational conditions. I don't think lots of private schools and famous teachers only make good educational environment. Various cultural festivals, historical remains, museums and nature are also great teachers for children. Cheongju has all of those! It biennially holds Cheongju International Craft Biennale, and this year it also holds Cheongju jikji festival. Since Cheongju is home of jikji, which is the first metal type worldwide. Above these, there are a bunch of historical things and places such as Cheongnamdae, jikji museum, and heungdeok temple. Children can broaden their perspectives and learn more about our tradition through these cultural things. Therefore, I strongly recommend you to go to Cheongju and feel how great place it is to live!

    ReplyDelete