Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kyeong-eun Lee / Professor / Mon34

<A Professor I Won't Forget>

 

  We meet a lot of teachers in our life. After entering the university, and majoring in economics, I also have met many professors, and among them, C.J.Kim made me interested in my major. His major field is financial economics, so he usually teaches math-related subjects. I took his economics mathematics class right after entering the university. His class was TOUGH, really. His tuition materials were all based on English textbooks, so we have to understand all of the class in English; and he gave us hundreds of homeworks including reports about classical economists like A. Smith or J.M. Keynes -- to let his students know on what basis economics in founded. But, how toughness it is for the freshmen! But after the hard trainings, oneday I found myself solving difficult economic math problems and I realized that it was thanks to professor Kim who strictly let us to study. Besides hte mathematics class, I have taken his classes like financial economics or intermediate microeconomics at least a year, and thanks to him, I have become improved in math-based subjects. It was lucky for me to meet him in my first year in the university.

2 comments:

  1. Good. Maybe your professor help you improve not only mathematics but English, using English textbooks. Your writing is well structured and has a logical system. The important point of this week's assignment is EQuIP. But your work don't have quotations. Why don't you add some quotations to this story? Then you can effectively illustrate your professor's character. And I suggest that you change the title. Title must attract the reader and make them have curiosity. It was good writing. Make progress on your second draft. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hakyung Chin

    I like this piece of writing. I couldn't agree with you more.
    However, how about writing something this professor said?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete