Thursday, May 31, 2012

YoungHoon Kim / Something Happened on a Trip / Mon 11a.m.

Dingo, Unexpected Passerby

201100652 YoungHoon Kim

 

           After taking a big test, Korean SAT, I went on a trip to Australia to refresh myself. It took about one month, and I had one accident that I can't forget. On the seventh day of my travel, I went to Fraser Island which is known for beautiful landscape and beach. I was excited since I boarded onto the ship heading for the island. After landing, I met my travel group and tour guide. The tour guide gave some instructions and there was one thing that he emphasized the most. It was about the animal named Dingo which is very aggressive. He warned us that dingos can appear anywhere, anytime so we need to pay careful attention when staying in Fraser Island. He also mentioned that one little girl was killed by dingo few months ago. At that time, I didn't take it seriously. Since it was Christmas Eve, I went to the bar and drank some cocktail with two women who were my travel mates. The bar was near the beach so we went out there. We talked a lot with looking at the beach and stars. Suddenly, something was coming toward us but we couldn't see it because it was dark at night. Then, one of us said that it was dingo! We were so frightened and didn't know what to do. One woman and I ran away without looking back because we were so afraid. On the other hand, another woman was doing the thing that the tour guide said what to do when meeting dingos. She raised her hands to show that she is much taller than dingos and stepped back staring at the eyes to show that she is not afraid. With her prompt and calm action, we were not attacked by dingos. I was embarrassed that I didn't do anything but to runaway. After the accident, we felt lucky and went into the hotel for a rest. The accident was intense that I still remember vividly. It taught me two lessons. Listen to the instructions well and be calm when being in dangerous situation. I try to keep this in mind whenever I go to unfamiliar places.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your writing because your story is vividly explained with details. It is as if you were talking directly to me. while reading, I felt like I was in one of your groups. However, you should remain with the same tense.I understand you wrote some past tense deliberately for a vivid narration. But it was kind of confusing. Overall, you got a well organized and interesting story!!

    ReplyDelete