Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kyoungmin,Kim/ Teachers/ mon34

Teachers who make us DO

 

      What kind of teacher is a good teacher? I say a teacher who motivates students is a good teacher. So whether one teacher is good or bad can be judged differently by every individuals. When I think of my best teacher, I think of my highschool art teacher. He used to talk about stories of his early art school days. One of the stories I remember is the one when he was devoted to his art works. He used to stay in his house and never went out during the painting. He even ordered food to his house so he could eat home and save time. And because he didn't want to be bothered by the delievery man, he payed the total amount of his ordering in advance.  He said those days lasted for at least more than a month if I remember right. I was impressed about his passion in art and I felt like being crazy in art like him. One day in art class, art teacher asked the students to paint a self-portrait. I decided to devote myself into the painting. Every lunchtime, I went to the art classroom and continued my painting. I did my best on every brush, and every mixing of the oil paints. I didn't feel hungry though I never have skipped meal like that. I enjoyed being in the classroom alone, and doing what I like. Looking back those days, I regard them precious because now I know that being into something isn't a usual thing to do. And those days were possible thanks to my art teacher. He showed us the passion he had, and that made me practice passion.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Kyeong-eun Lee. I enjoyed your writing. You explained your best teacher in your life with details. However, it would be good if you explained the teacher's look -- I think it would helped me imagine your memories. But your writing was overally good.

    ReplyDelete