Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wonpil Lee/ Opinion/ Mon 11 a.m.

The Slow Pace of Fast Change


The slower students are taught, the more creative they become. In Korean educational system, young students(8-19) are struggling to chase the extremely fast schedule of their school. There are too many subjects that students have to cover, and each of the subjects has a large amount of contents. In this circumstance it is impossible that students improve their creativity which is obtained from deep thought and positive activities in order to make their own way to understand the contents. At German language class, my major, the vocabularies that I had to memorize in short period in order to take the exam are forgot after a few days, but the vocabularies and grammars that were taught by good native professors with active ways that stimulate five senses remain in my memory for a long time. From the experience I got very important hints how to speak and write German language as well as how to memorize vocabularies. That means I found my own way to study that language. The slow education gives students enough time to deeply think of what they study, and deep thought causes creativity. If we want creative future workers, then first, we should have the slow pace of educational system.

1 comment:

  1. To Wonpil Lee.

    Hello, I am Hakyung Chin. I read your opinion paragraph and I really like it. What I like about it is that you have one clear point and gave enough examples and reasons for it. It is better than giving a lot of unclear points. Also, I have never thought about the speed of education so your opinion was somewhat original for me.
    I suggest you to give us some examples of improvements that could be done in classes.
    Thank you.

    From. Hakyung Chin

    ReplyDelete