Sunday, May 20, 2012

Da-hyun Yang/ teacher / Mon3.4

      

                                          < Strict Teacher >

 

               There were many teachers I met in my life. From school teachers to tutors, of course, they were all very different. Among them, the most memorable teacher is my English tutor. She taught me English for about six years during my grade and middle school years. At that time, I had a rival who always tried to beat me with the score. He was also a student of my tutor. And whenever I did not finish homework, my tutor always compared me to my rival. She kept saying like "This week's winner of the test is jae-gun (name of my rival)" or "I heard that jae-gun went to bed at 2a.m. When did you go to sleep? You did not even finish your homework perfectly!" These had been a serious blow to my ego. Looking back on it now, however, that was a bit effective way to me since I worked frantically hard not to be scolded. On the other hand, my tutor was generous with the compliments. When I got a perfect score on the exam, she lavished praise on me. Moreover, she bought me many delicious things like waffles or ice cream. I would be worse at English if there were no help of my tutor. I still keep in contact with her, and sometime we have some dinner together. While eating, we laugh a lot, delighted at the memory. For the reason that I studied really hard during my adolescent since my tutor, she is the most memorable teacher ever.

2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is NaYeon Kwon. I like your writing because the topic is very clear. I can clearly see why the tutor is the teacher you would not forget. I also like the fact that there are specific explanations about her. However, I think it could be better if some sentences are fixed because I think there are too much quotes. For instance, phrases such as "This week's winner of the test is jae-gun (name of my rival)". You could just write it like "She kept emphasized that Jae-gun who was my rival is the winner of the test. Other than that, I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! This is YoungHoon Kim. I think your writing is interesting that has specific examples. I like the way you mentioned your rival which makes your writing more realistic. I especially like this expression "serious blow to my ego". How your teacher helped you with English is well expressed in the paragraph. But I see some mistakes on grammar but it's not a big deal. Overall your writing is good.

    ReplyDelete