Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ji Eun Lee/ My life until now/ Monday 11a.m.

My life until now

Ji Eun Lee

My name is Ji Eun Lee and I am a sophomore studying English Linguistics as the first major. When I was young, I used to have frequent overseas trips to the United States because my parents studied there until when I was 3 years old. In elementary school, I was a very shy girl. I didn't like to speak in front of many people, but loved drawing and playing the piano. As soon as I graduated elementary school, I lived in New York State with my family for a year and half. At that time, I thought I was going through the most difficult time in my life. I couldn't speak English very well and therefore couldn't hang out with new friends. As time went, my English skill steadily improved and learned how to adapt in a new environment. I think that I became to get interested in learning English thanks to those times. The most memorable time in my life was 3 years in high school. I met best friends of now and also experienced various activities. I joined play club and acted two plays in front of whole students and teachers. I still remembered the feeling of thrill hearing the cheer of audience after the play ended. Also, I participated in debate conference and took responsibility of class president. From last year, I have been concentrated on trying to find what I like to do and be good at. It is not easy because there are many different fields and opportunity doesn't easily come to me. Therefore, I hope I can set a specific goal and be prepared step by step to achieve it in future. 

 

3 comments:

  1. To Ji Eun Lee
    From Wonpil Lee

    Reading your paragraph, I got the impression that you are very thoughtful person. Your considerately selected words and well structured sentences are very impressive.
    Besides, you have experienced many amazing things. I am touched heavily in your story. Especially, the part of your acting in the high school has very vivid description. You could get through any difficulties with your own competence, just as you played in front of many people.
    Although I don't know what would you choose as future job, I'd like to cheer you up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Ji Eun Lee
    From Jung In Sim

    What I like about this piece of writing is that whole sentences are well organized to introduce you to me with your life story. As it's written in order of time, it makes it so easy for me to read and understand your life story. And there are particular words struck me as powerful - I hope I can set a specific goal and be prepared step by step to achieve it in future. I like them because this line sounds cheerful and gives me a courage to get through for the reason that I realized I'm not the only one who is suffering from this kind of problems.
    By the way, I think you miss a subject for the verb 'learned' in this line-My English skill steadily improved and learned how to adapt in a new environment. Subject'I' would be appropriate.
    But this is just a small mistake, isn't it? The overall writing is so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life until now (second draft)

    My name is Ji Eun Lee and I am a sophomore studying English Linguistics as the first major. When I was young, I used to have frequent overseas trips to the United States because my parents studied there until when I was 3 years old. In elementary school, I was a very shy girl. I didn’t like to speak in front of many people. As soon as I graduated from elementary school, I lived in New York State with my family for a year and half. At that time, I thought I was going through the most difficult time in my life. I couldn’t speak English very well and therefore couldn’t hang out with foreign friends. As time went, my English skill steadily improved and I became to learn how to adapt in the new environment. The most memorable time in my life was 3 years in high school. I met my best friends of now and also experienced various activities. For example, I joined a play club and acted two plays in front of whole students and teachers. I still remembered the feeling of thrill hearing the cheer of audience after the play ended. Also, I participated in debate conferences and took responsibility of class president. I felt proud of myself doing my best in high school years. From last year, I have been concentrated on trying to find what I like to do and be good at. It is not easy because there are many different fields and opportunity doesn’t easily come to me. Therefore, I hope I can set a specific goal and be prepared step by step to achieve it in near future.

    ReplyDelete