Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oh You Jeong/My Life Until Now/Monday 11am

                             My Life Until Now

                                                           201102062 Oh You Jeong

When I recall the memories of the past 21 years of my life, I can think of a

few big occasions. I was born in Seoul in October 2, 1992. Then I moved to

Gunsan when I was 8 years old. 12 years of living in Gunsan, I finally got a chance

to study at this Hankuk University of Foreign Studies. Back in Gunsan, I was a

very active girl. I loved sports, and actually enjoyed most of them. Since I

was a little girl, I was more of an optimist. I always thought the best in me. I think

that's what made me a confident person. In my high school days, I put my efforts

trying to find what was best for me, and what I was actually good at. Turned out I

was good at dealing with people. I enjoyed being with people. Sharing thoughts with

each other was really fun to me. This is one of the big reasons why I chose to

become a translator. It's because I love communicating. My biggest goal is to travel

all around the world and meet people from other counties. In order to do that,

becoming a translator would be the perfect fit. My life until now has made myself

choose my path and I'm now studying here walking along it. I will not stop walking

until I make my arrival to my destination.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Ji Eun Lee.
    I like your writing because your dream of becoming a translator is well expressed. Your main point seems to tell us that you have tried hard to improve yourself. Also it is interesting to read what you like to do in the future. I especially liked the line that says "I was more of an optimist." It is short but struck me powerful. However, the writing would have been better if you had focused on grammatical points especailly the last part. Overall, nice writing to know about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my name is Park Tae Jun.
    What I like about your writing is that sentences are very easy to read and clearly expressed your reason why you want to become a translator and how passionate you are. Your main point seems to me that you like communicating with other people so that you want to become a translator. I also liked your expression "I was more of an optimist" because it's a simple sentence, yet very effectiv way to introduce yourself and your impression. Overall it was a good writing, but it seems to be that there's no clear topic sentence at the beginning of the paragraph. If the topic sentence is stated clearly, it could've been much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Life Until Now


    201102062 Oh You Jeong

    When I recall the memories of the past 21 years of my life, I can think of a few big occasions, and I guess all these experiences led me to dream of being a 'translator'. I was born in Seoul in October 2, 1992. Then I moved to Gunsan when I was 8 years old. Back in Gunsan, I was a very active girl. I loved sports, and actually enjoyed most of them. Since I was a little girl, I was more of an optimist. I always thought the best in me. I think that's what made me a confident person. In my high school days, I put my efforts trying to find what was best for me, and what I was actually good at. Turned out I was good at dealing with people. I enjoyed being with people. Sharing thoughts with each other was really fun to me. This is one of the big reasons why I chose to become a translator. It's because I love communicating. My biggest goal is to travel all around the world and meet people from other counties. In order to do that, becoming a translator would be the perfect fit. My life until now has made myself choose my path and I'm now studying here walking along it. I will not stop walking until I make my arrival to my destination.

    ReplyDelete