Thursday, March 8, 2012

Joan Yoon/My life until now/Mon 34.

I'm expecting more various experiences in my life from now on than how it was. I was born in Santa Barbara, California in 1992. I was the only child until then and traveled a lot around the U.S according to my parents. When I turned 4, my family moved to Korea. In December, my younger brother was born. While attending kindergarten and Uchon Elementary School, I learned responsibility through playing a role as a class leader. In 2002, my family went to Toronto, Canada for my dad's sabbatical year. Though I lived in Korea Town and hang around with Korean friends, staying in foreign country changed my perspective. Communicating with people from all around the world and experiencing new cultures stimulated my curiosity about foreign languages. After 2 precious years, I wanted to enter foreign language high school in Korea. Even the results disappointed me, I studied English a lot during that period. Finally, last year, I got acceptance from HUFS to learn French. To achieve my goal as a global leader, I'm planning to go to France next year as an exchange student. Also, as a student of English Interpretation and Translation department, I'll do my best to improve my English.

2 comments:

  1. Nayeon Kwon_The flow seemed smooth so it's easy to read. But i think it could have been better if you wrote more about your feelings ans emotions rather than soely focusing on the facts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Kyeong-eun Lee. We met in the last class. Your writing was clear to read because it is organized by time. The most thing I enjoyed your writing was that you have lived in various spots. But the thing needs to be improved is your experiencing new cultures. It seems interesting but you didn't comment specifically about it.

    ReplyDelete