Thursday, March 8, 2012

NaYeon Kwon/My life until now/Mon 34

My Life Until Now 

        As a child, I was a girl full of curiosity. Because I liked trying new things, I learned many things especially sports. Until I was 10, I was a swimmer despite my dad's dissension. Suddenly, when I turned 11, my family  moved to Toronto, Canada. Because I was young, I adapted to new environment quite easily. I not only learned English but also various cultures and things that I could not have learned in Korea. After two and a half years, my family and I came back to Korea. After I entered middle school, I spent most of my time in studying like any other students. When I was 17, I saw a documentary about children in Africa. Since then, my dream has been working in UN. Because many countries in Africa speak French, I applied for the department of French in the third grade of high school and luckly I got accepted. Now, I am not only interested in English and French, but also social and international issues.

3 comments:

  1. Hello:D! I'm Song eun Ko.
    What I like about this piece of writing is that you used familiar not sticky words. So it was comfortable to read. Your main point seems to explain your lifelong briefly by using 'when I was ~'. This particular words are impressive! Great! However, your short paragraph has so much information that it seems to need more space. You can write it more longer and it'll be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I'm HaKyung Chin.
    I liked your paragraph because it focuses on some important facts about your life. I especially liked the part where you mentioned the motive to decide to work in UN. Also, I liked that you explained why you chose French as your major. It would have been better if you explained how being into sports affected your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a child, I was a girl full of curiosity. Because I liked trying new things, I learned many things especially sports. Until I was 10, I was a swimmer though my dad didn't really want me to. Suddenly, when I turned 11, my family moved to Toronto, Canada. Because I was young, I adapted to new environment quite easily. After two and a half years, my family and I came back to Korea. As soon as I entered middle school, I spent most of my time in studying like any other students. When I was 17, I saw a documentary about children in Africa. Since then, my dream has been working in UN. Because many countries in Africa speak French, I applied for the department of French in the third grade of high school and luckly I got accepted. Now, I am not only interested in English and French, but also social and international issues.

    ReplyDelete