Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wonpil Lee / My Life Until Now / Monday 11 a.m.

My Life Until Now


My Life runs backward just like rewinding a video tape. When I was 22, I got married young. Soon, my wife gave birth to my daughter named Sinu. At that time, I had to live without my family because of the army obligation. I wanted to be with my lovers. So, I decided to choose an alternative military service, in which people can replace their army obligation with working in a manufacturing plants. After that hard working period, I opened my own chop house. I sold Samgiopsal, Galbi and Soju. With earning enough money to live, I wanted to do something more meaningful than just making money. That's why I started to study and took the exam, Sunung. And now, I'm in HUFS. Although I've gone through an unusual life, I've been able to get astonishing experiences and memories due to the reverse sequence.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Kyoung-Min, Kim.
    What I like about this piece of writing is that it shows your sincere way of living. The writing mainly presents sequence of your choices made through your life. The reasons for each decisions are also writen briefly, but clearly. It makes me root for your courage and your happiness. I enjoyed your writing, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Won-pil Lee
    From Da-hyun Yang

    What I like about this piece of writing is sincerety. Your main point seems to be the experiences you made before you came to the university.
    There are tow lines which struck me as powerful. First one is that 'When I was 22, I got married young.'. I am now 22 years old, and I do not even think about marriage yet. So I was impressed that it was at my age. Second line was 'I wanted to do something more meaningful than just making money'. While I was reading, I thought that your burden as a father might heavy for many reasons. But your desire to do something more meaningful than just earning money makes me reflect on myself.
    Every sentences are clear to me, but just one thing I want to know more is how you life got changed after you got into the university. I really enjoyed reading your paragraph. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is second draft.

    My Life runs backward just like rewinding a video tape. When I was 22, I got married young. Soon, my wife gave birth to my daughter named Sinu. At that time, I had to live without my family because of the army obligation. I wanted to be with my lovers. So, I decided to choose an alternative military service, in which people can replace their army obligation with working in a manufacturing plants. After that hard working period, I opened my own chop house. I sold Samgiopsal, Galbi and Soju. With earning money enough to live, I wanted to do something more meaningful than just making money. That’s why I started to study and took the exam, Sunung. And I’m in HUFS. But after that, I was deprived of the right to speak. This is because my wife make money to live instead of me. However, there are some merits like this. My ten-year-old daughter think I am intelligent and she admires me a bit. Although I’ve gone through an unusual life, I’ve been able to get astonishing experiences and memories due to the reverse sequence.

    ReplyDelete