Friday, March 23, 2012

Kyoungmin Kim / On meaningful possession / Mon11am

     There's a photograph sticked on my window of my room. It's a photo of me and my mom and dad taken when I was two. I took this from an album in which my mom has gathered many photos of my childhood. I get to stare at this photo once in a while, and I often get overwhelmed by the warmth it spreads out. In the photograph, my mom and dad are crouching beside two-year-old me, both smiling broadly. My dad smiles the most wide smile in the universe. She has her red cardigan on, and she looks pretty. My mom has her arms around me. The date of the photo is 1991, march. I heard that it was my 2nd birthday. My uncle gave me a set of clothes as a present, which I am wearing in the photo. The collar of the shirt and the pants are skyblue and has many flower patterns. There's an elephant drawn in front of the shirt. Overall the photo reminds me of how much my family loves me. And also when I get fraustrated with works or just get lonely, this photo helps me to think of things positive, like family, or happy moments spent together. It's like my courage charm. It helps me fight the blues and carry on.

2 comments:

  1. To.Kyoungmin Kim
    From.Jung In SIM
    I liked your writing because it just delievers kind of warm feeling that you may felt too whenever you look at the picture that you described above.
    You did good job in describing not only your feeling but also who there are in the picture and what they look like.
    The only thing I want to point out is that you mis-spelled a word incorrectly. fraustrated -> frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello KyoungMin, I'm HaKyung.

    I enjoyed reading youre paragraph. What I liked about it was that you described you photo in detail : clothes, posture, and also face looks. I could really draw your picture in my head. Also, you described well about your feellings when you see that photo. You didn't just explain general feelings, but giving examples of how you earn power from the photo.
    However, the concluding sentence seems a little not enough. You /could improve at that part by restating your topic and it would be a perfect paragraph.

    Hakyung Chin

    ReplyDelete