Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kyoung-Min, Kim / TV: Could you live without it? / Mon 11am

TV: Could you live without it? 

 201100259 Kyoung-Min,Kim 

 

      Yes, I believe that living without TV is possible. Not only it's possible, I think it's better to live without TV. I know that there are many advantages of TV. It lets us to get news quickly, and also we get to have easy access to various documentaries that otherwise would have been hard to become known to public. However, I think it does more harm than good. TV wastes time and it's fatal. It makes you loose track of time and spend lots of time in front of the TV, regardless of your intention. It's just like any other addictions such as alcohol or cigarettes that you can't easily bare after being a habit. I'm living alone in a studio without TV, and I hardly feel the need of it. I can get news from the internet or the newspaper, and I could also watch documentaries through some internet search. So why risk being addicted and wasting time? I'm better off without TV.

2 comments:

  1. I think this paragraph is well written especially the description part why the TV isn't necessary. Her main point seems to be that TV is like an addiction that we cannot get over with it. Though, once we stop, it's easy to not watch the TV. I really liked the part where she compared television as cigarettes and alcohols. It gave specific ideas why people waste so much time watching television.
    The weak part might be the paragraph is little short. The developtment was impressive but it would be better if there's more reasons and examples why you could live without TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Joan Yoon.
    I like the strong opinion from the beginning. From the start, your explanation is clear enough for all the readers to comprehend. However, it'd been better if you wrote more creative reasons. I think you are repeating a bit to emphasize your thought. Other than that, I like your expressions~

    ReplyDelete