Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chin HaKyung/ About Myself / MON 11AM/ 201103449

Self-Centered As a Peach

 

          Like many people, I discover what kind of person I am everyday. I tried to define myself in some words or some sentences, but I reached to a conclusion : that is IMPOSSIBLE. However, I could define part of myself that I am self-centered. I think I am self-centered because I don't know myself very well and therefore I am always paying attention to my own thoughts. For example, I often get pointed out that I am not listening to others. I am obviously looking at them, but with the eye that shows that my mind is somewhere else. My friend was telling me about her fight with her boyfriend the other day. I was listening to her at first, but as I got bored I started to think about how my diet was going. My friend noticed and really got upset. Sometimes I get pointed out that I say unexpected and irrelevant stuff. I don't understand them because everything I say is related within my mind. Thoughts just don't pop out from nowhere.  Everything is related in my mind like a chain, but people don't get it. Also, I prefer individual homework and presentations to group presentations. I don't want to get low grades becuase of someone else and it is a bothersome job to arrange meetings. So sometimes I do all the job in group projects because I think my way is the best and because I don't want to get low grades. Now that I think of it, I am quite a self-centered person. Sometimes its good, but I will try to hear other people's thoughts. But I will keep listening to what my heart says. Being self-centered isn't neccessarily being a egoist.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, it was difficult to define myself with only one word. Perhaps you also tried to find one appropriate word and finally you chose the adjective, self-centered. At first I felt a little awkward because I got a negative bias from this word. But, reading your paragraph, I could take the image you wanted to show and nodded with understanding. This sentence, I will keep listening to what my heart says, makes your character visible. I like the way that you show the scenery of your mind. And it was adequate to take an example of group presentations because we all are likely to have a similar chance to do the group work and also worry about such a thing you’ve done. ‘Sometimes its good, but I will try to hear other people's thoughts.’ hurt the coherence. It would be better, if you took it away. Then, self-centered dreamer, how is it going, your diet?^^ Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello~ I'm Kim Namhye.I agree with your first sentence that it is difficult to say clearly about my personality. But you described it well. What I like about your writing is that your examples are very specific, and related clearly to your personality. So, it was easy to understand your characteristic. Your anecdotes realted to self-centered personality was interesting, and I was a little bit surprised that I have similar experience and thoughts as you. But I think there are some sentences that are too complicated so it was hard to read and understand this.
    So, it will be better if you write senteces more simple and grammatically plainly. But it was a nice writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self-Centered As a Peach



    Like many people, I discover what kind of person I am every day. I tried to define myself in some words or some sentences, but I reached to a conclusion: that is IMPOSSIBLE. However, I could define part of myself that I am self-centered. The reason that I am self-centered is because I don't know myself very well and therefore I am always paying attention to my own thoughts. For example, I often get pointed out that I am not listening to others. I am obviously looking at them, but with the eye that shows that my mind is somewhere else. One day a friend was telling me about her fight with her boyfriend. I was listening to her at first, but as I got bored I started to think about how my diet was going. My friend noticed it and got really upset. Sometimes I get pointed out that I say unexpected and irrelevant stuff. I don't understand them because everything I say is related within my mind. Thoughts just don't pop out from nowhere. Everything is related in my mind like a chain, but people don't get that. Also, I prefer individual homework and presentations to group presentations. I don't want to get low grades because of someone else and it is a bothersome job to arrange meetings. So sometimes I do all the jobs in group projects because I think my way is the best and because I don't want to get low grades. Now that I think of it, I am quite a self-centered person. But I will keep listening to what my heart says. Being self-centered isn't necessarily being an egoist.

    ReplyDelete