Monday, April 30, 2012

김한별Hanbyol Kim/My Favorite Relative/Mon 11a.m.

      I do not have many relatives. This of this reason I am quite friendly with all of my relatives. However, I do have a favorite one among all those relatives. The relative that I am fond of the most is my uncle-in-law. He is a older brother of my mother and has been living in Dae Jeon, Korea. Now my family is living in Seoul but when I was young, our family lived in Dae Jeon for several years. During that time, I became close with my ungle-in-law. There are few reaons why I like him the most. He was a school Korean teacher by then. He was very clever and knew many things about literature and Korean. So he told me various intereting stories like old fairy tales. I really like them. Also, because of him, I started reading different kinds of book and started loving books. Now I am very grateful of that because I learn so many things from books. The second reason that I like my uncle-in-law is that he is a very generous person. Whenever I met him, he bought me candies and cookies that I love. My mother did not gave me many sweeties because she worried about my teeth so I really liked him for giving me sweet cookies. Now because I am a grown-up, he gives me pocket money istead. He gives me a lot of it. So I am very pleased whenever he gives me pocket money because I know he will give me much. In nowadays, since I am living in Seoul and Seoul and Dae Jeon is quite apart from each other, I cannot meet with him often. However, he is still my favorite relative because of his intelligence and his generosity.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! This is YoungHoon Kim. Your writing was interesting and you explained why you like your uncle-in-law well. What I liked about your writing is that you gave two traits of your uncle and gave some examples according to it. It looked organized and it was easy to understand. Also, the examples were simple that clearly addressed your idea. But I saw some parts that need some improvement in your writing. You said that your uncle was "school Korean teacher" but it would be better to write like "middle/high school teacher who taught Korean" or "Korean teacher in middle/high school". Also, in your sentence, "Now because I am a grown-up, he gives me pocket money istead.", I could see spelling error(istead). In addition, this two sentences "He gives me a lot of it. So I am very pleased whenever he gives me pocket money because I know he will give me much." have duplicated meaning and you should make it more clealy. Anyway, you did a good job!

    ReplyDelete