Sunday, April 22, 2012

Joan Yoon/Sense of place/Mon 34

Sense of Place

Being slow in 'Slow Turtle'

 Whenever I have work to do or studies for the exam, I always find my favorite café 'Slow Turtle'. It is located near my house. All covered with glass walls, I can check vacant seats to sit before entering. The moment I open the door, the owner welcomes me with a big smile and beautiful coffee scent. On the door side, a long high table with high chairs is installed. Just behind, a wooden square big table with 4 comfortable chairs is facing a huge bookshelf. In that bookshelf, various books are ready to read. Next to the bookshelf, the owner makes coffee in front of the gigantic coffee machine. When ordered cup of coffee is ready, she calls out the name of coffee and the customer pays when taking it. There are three white middle-sized tables with 4 black modern cozy chairs each in middle of the café. At the very back from the door, there is a tiny bathroom where only one person can go. Because it is a very small and cozy place, I feel peace whenever I go there. Even not for studying, sipping a cup of coffee reading a book or looking outside through the wall relieves my stress. Like the name "Slow Turtle', its peaceful and relaxing atmosphere made me V.I.P of that café.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Song eun Ko:D!
    Your paragraph was so descriptive that I could imagine 'Slow Turtle' easily. And your feeling like cozy, peaceful showed me how this place is important to you. Nice!!
    However, it'll be better if you use more adjectives or senses to explain the place. Thank you~!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my name is NaYeon Kwon. Your writing is very interesting! I especailly like the fact that you tried to explain about the cafe well with details. I can picture what it looks like. I also think you described well about your feelings and emotions. However, I think it could have been better if you used familiar words because I see a couple of awakward words like 'a long high table with high chairs is "installed"'. Maybe you could say " There is a long high table with tall chairs". Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Park Hee june. I like your writing because it's simple to read and I can imagine that nice place. But there is one thing I propose. I wonder the taste of coffe and the smell of it. If you add them, your writing will be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete