Thursday, April 26, 2012

YoungHoon Kim / My favorite relative / Mon 11a.m.

Cousin like a Friend and a Senior

201100652 YoungHoon Kim

 

           My cousin named YoungJin Kim is the person that I like the most among my relatives. He is a son of my father's younger brother. He was born in 1991 like me but he went to the school 1 year faster than me. This fact made two good things. First, as a friend of the same age, he and I could get along very well. In summer vacations, we went to the beach and swam in the sea. We made sand castles and had barbeques in the villa near the beach. We had a lot of fun memories that we can still remember. But there was an accident that I still remember. It was cloudy day and we swam in the sea. Suddenly, dark clouds covered the sky and started to rain. With the rain, the waves got higher and higher. Because of the high tides, I couldn't swim to the shore because the waves pulled me to the sea. I was frightened and started to cry. Then, my cousin saw me and called the lifeguard for help. After a while, I was rescued by the safety guard. After that case, I trusted him by my heart. In winter, we used to ski in YongPyeong ski resort. Actually he taught me how to ski and I could be a pretty good skier. We liked to have a thrill so we challenged to the difficult slope and had fun. Also I remember the "HwangTae Gui" restaurant that we always dropped by on the way home after skiing. Like this, we had a good recollection to share. Second, as a senior of mine by one year, he was like my older brother. He helped me with the studies and consulted me when I had problems in the school. With his help, I didn't have big problems when I was a teenager. One thing that I was fully thankful about him was that he came by my academy when I was preparing for the university entrance exam. At that time, I was nervous about my future and had a hard time. He dropped by my academy without notice and bought me a delicious meal and a book named "Painful is the growing" in Korean. I was impressed by his support and the book so I could have strength. Until now, he always tries to help me like my older brother. Being like my friend and senior at the same time, my cousin, YoungJin Kim is my favorite relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment