Thursday, April 5, 2012

NaYeon Kwon/ A person I admire/ Mon34

The person that I admire

 

    The person that I admire is Andy Warhol who has changed my point of view. Since I was young, I was always afriad of standimg out in a crowd. I just followed what others did when I had to make a choice. However, one day, I got a free ticket for Andy Warhol exhibition and went there just because I had no particular things to do that day. Though I did not expect much from the exhibition, I was amazed. The paintings were unique, creative and interesting and totally caught my eyes. I learned that unlike most artists at that time who were interested in royal, nobel cultures, Warhol drew things ordinary like Coca-Cola bottles or Campbell Soups. Because they were so new and unique, people were shocked and the numerous media praised its creativity. Even now, Warhol is considered one of the most famous artists in the 20th century. I suddenly realized it would be impossible to make good results if I pretend something that I am not and just follow others. Since then, I have tried to think creatively without being afraid of making different voices. So Andy Warhol who changed my life is the person I admire and respect the most.

3 comments:

  1. Hello I'm Kim Nam hye.
    Your writing seems entirely well organized. It has an clear topic : why you became to like Andy Warhol.I like compactness of your writing.While reading it I agreed your opinion. Also, inside the writing , there are many specific examples.
    But I think it would be better if you wrote about another sensual expressions in addition to visual description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is HanByolKim.
    What I like about your writing is that your writing has a clear topic. You told in details about how you get to know Andy Warhol and how he motivated you. I like the way you described this. However, it could have been better if you used more sensory descriptions. Maybe you could have explained more about art pieces of Andy Warhol, like their colors and so on. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The person that I admire is Andy Warhol who has changed my point of view. Since I was young, I was always afriad of standimg out in a crowd. I just followed what others did when I had to make a choice. However, one day, I got a free ticket for Andy Warhol exhibition and went there just because I had no particular things to do that day. Though I did not expect much from the exhibition, I was amazed. The paintings were unique, creative and interesting and totally caught my eyes. Pink, green and yellow colors caught my attention. Many of the paintings were in a similar pattern but somehow it all looked unique and different. It wasn't boring at all. I learned that unlike most artists at that time who were interested in royal, nobel cultures, Warhol drew things ordinary like Coca-Cola bottles or Campbell Soups. Because they were so new and unique, people were shocked and the numerous media praised its creativity. Even now, Warhol is considered one of the most famous artists in the 20th century. I suddenly realized it would be impossible to make good results if I pretend something that I am not and just follow others. Since then, I have tried to think creatively without being afraid of making different voices. So Andy Warhol who changed my life is the person I admire and respect the most.

    ReplyDelete