Thursday, April 12, 2012

Park Tae Jun / About Me / Mon34

 

Living as an optimistic person

 

     A right word to fully express my personality is optimism. Since when I was a young boy, my mother often told me "Always be optimistic. Then you will have nothing to get stress": this lesson has led me to become an optimistic person. There are many evidences proving that I am an optimist. For example, I got my purse stolen in subway by pickpocket, but I didn't get angry or depressed. Rather, I felt relieved because I only had few cash and a debit card in the pocket. A phone call to bank saying that my card was stolen prevented the pickpocket to use my stolen debit card and I appreciated the fact I just lost small amount of money and it won't do any major harm to me. Also one other example of showing that I'm an optimistic person is revealed when I worked as a part-timer a year ago. Manager at the work often asked part-timers to overwork, usually until 11pm, because there were files of work that should be done urgently. Most of the part-timers refused to overwork and get back home at 6 pm saying they are exhausted. However, I always volunteered to remain in the office until late at night, because I could earn more money by working extra-hours. I knew if I get back home, I would just watch TV and fall asleep. Instead of doing that, in my "optimistic view", it was better to work extra-hours to make more money and use it on weekend. This is the way I see on facts that other people might consider as negative I've always thought living optimistically have made life happy until now, and strongly believe it will be the same in the future.

 

1 comment:

  1. hi my name is NaYeon Kwon. I can see your topic clearly in your writing and I admire you being so optimistic! I like the fact that you gave specific examples to explain who you are. However, I think the writing would be even better if your try to write more 'smoothly' next time. For example, sentences like "There are many evidences proving that I am an optimist." could be removed and just simply say " One day, I got my purse stolen in subway by pickpocket" which might sound more smooth.Rahter than using words that you aren't familar with, using simple, easy words could be more readable! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete