Sunday, April 15, 2012

Song eun Ko / Sense of place / Mon34

 

<My grandmother's house : sticking in my mind>

     In my hometown, there is my grandmother's house in which my father, uncle, aunts were born and grew up. The best feature of it is its front garden and a backyard. In the front garden, there are three apple trees side by side like close friends and there is a small vegetable garden that my grandmother has tended with love and care. Green cucumber, lettuce and red tomatoes are growing ripe there. She always hand out them to my family generously. I can feel pleasant air and refreshing scent blow gently to me when I open the gate and enter into there. At the same time, thankful mind to her generosity gets bigger. In the backyard, there are old fireplace and many bundles of firewood. There is a low wooden bench in front of the fireplace. Since I was a little child, I often played on it and used to eat slices of watermelon in summer. And my grandmother would bake some yellow sweet potatoes on the fireplace by burning wood and share them to me. They are very hot and sweet!

     I think my grandmother's house gives me many things: Fresh fruits, vegetables, tasteful watermelon, sweet potatoes and her "heartful love". I can feel that my grandmother is so affectionate towards me like the big apple trees and vegetable garden gave us fruits with a free hand. My grandmother and her house will always be sticking in my mind forever!

2 comments:

  1. Joan Yoon.
    I like your writing in the part that you described specifically about your memories when describing places.
    However, to point out one thing, focusing more on house's details would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. feedbach from Kyoungmin,Kim
    I think the main topic of this writing is your grandmother's house where you can feel her love, and I liked it because I could feel your grandmother's generosity.

    But I think the writing would be more lively if you described it more specifically. You could have mentioned the size of the trees, and the garden. Or state where your hometown is.
    That's my opinion of being more specific..

    ReplyDelete