Thursday, April 12, 2012

NaYeon Kwon/ Who I am/ Mon34

Who I think I am

 

        I am a healthy person. I try to be healthy both physically and mentally. For example, I have tried many sports activities like swimming, skating, running and recently I strated yoga. It's not only good for the diet but also helps me to be calm. Also, I try to eat healthy foods. Once, I tried to be come a vegetarian and told all my friends and family. However, as such changes could not be made in one day, I failed. Especially because I like greasy, salty food, it wasn't easy. However, instead of just giving up, I kept trying eating vegetables as much as possible avoiding meat. Moreover, I try not to get angry and be healthy mentally. When I was younger, I tended to get mad or frustrated easily which made my own life miserable. However, through reading many philosophy books, I suddenly realized that getting angry towards others only makes myself more painful. Thus, I try to think in a positive way without negative prejudice. Some people might say that trying to live a healthy life takes too much effort and time. However, I surely believe it is worth it. 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Youna Lee.
    What I like about your writing is that you gave appropriate, interesting examples which make your point clear. Your main point seems to be that you try to be healthy person in various ways. I especially like the part that you explained about your promise to be a vegetarian. I think it is a really interesting topic!
    Your overall writing is great, but I think you used conjunction 'However' too much. If it is replaced by other conjunction, it would be better. And I could see one grammatical mistake, '~and be healthy mentally'. I think order of the words 'healthy and mentally' is mixed. If you changed this, it would be perfect.
    Thank you for reading my opinion, and I enjoyed your writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a healthy person. I try to be healthy both physically and mentally. For example, I have tried many sports activities like swimming, skating, running and recently I started yoga. It’s not only good for the diet but also helps me to be calm. Also, I try to eat healthy foods. Once, I tried to become a vegetarian and told all my friends and family. However, as such changes could not be made in one day, I failed. Especially because I like greasy, salty food, it was not easy. Instead of giving up, I am keep trying to eat vegetables as much as possible avoiding meat even now. When I was younger, I tended to get mad or frustrated easily which made my own life miserable. However, through yoga and reading many philosophical books, I suddenly realized that getting angry towards others only makes myself more painful. Thus, I try to think in a positive way without negative prejudice. Some people might say that trying to live a healthy life takes too much effort and time. However, I surely believe it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete