Friday, April 13, 2012

Ji Eun Lee/ About me/ Mon 11am.

My best quality, hard working

 

I am proud of myself being hard working. This personality surely has given good effects in my life. First, I study hard spending time as much as I can. It doesn't mean that I am an excellent student, but I try hard when there is something that I should keep up with. For example, when I was in the United States, my English skill was poor at the first time. Even though I used English every day at school, the fluency was still poor compared to other native speakers, of course. However there was something that I was better than other students. I did all of my homework every time and whenever there was an essay assignment, I wrote several times for the better one. At that time I didn't want to let Americans ignore me just because I was Asian who didn't speak English well. This thinking led me to become a hard working student, and finally I got awarded as an honor student. This kind of consistent effort doesn't only apply to an academic aspect, but also to a time management. I live in Ilsan where it takes 2 hours away from the school. I always get up early in the morning 3 hours before a first class. I was tired physically and mentally at first, but I got used to it. I learned how to handle time thanks to diligent commute. Therefore, I think the most important value of me is hard working.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm Oh you jeong.
    I first saw your writing and I really liked your title. It summerizes your writing into one sentence. Reading your writing, it was impressive. I could feel your hard working attitude. Also, I think you expained wery well about being a hard working person. I guess you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Kyeong-eun Lee. I enjoyed your writing because of its coherence; you give us the controlling idea about your personality and supported it with specific experiences which happended in U.S. However, it would be better if you more focused on your way of studying -- i.e. you give us two examples of commuting and studying. But it seems the two doesn't go well. So I think it would be improved if you delete the commuting example and add another studying example. Anyway, your writing was overally good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best quality, hard working(second draft)

    I am proud of myself being hard working. This personality surely has given good effects in my life. First, I study hard spending time as much as I can. It doesn’t mean that I am an excellent student, but I try hard if there is something that I should keep up with. For example, when I was in the United States, my English skill was poor at the first time. Even though I used English at school every day, the fluency was still poor compared to other native speakers. However there was something that I was better than the others. I did all of my homework every time and whenever there was an essay assignment, I wrote several times for the better one. At that time I didn’t want to let Americans ignore me just because I was Asian who didn’t speak English well. This thinking led me to become a hard working student, and finally I got awarded as an honor student. In addition, there was one more example when I was a high school student. I once participated in a debate competition that nearly thousands of students were joining from nationwide. I had to prepare for the speech about the reality of Cameroon. I had never heard of that country, and therefore I didn’t know anything about it. I had to spend time searching Internet, but I had needed more details about the poor condition at that time. Therefore I called Cameroon embassy and finally met a Cameroonian who was living in Seoul. We had an interview and I could get the exact information I wanted. As seen these examples above, I try my best in order to achieve a goal even if it requires time and great effort. Therefore, I think the most important value of me is hard working.

    ReplyDelete