Thursday, April 5, 2012

Park, Ji Eon / A meaningful place / Mon11am

          I'm thinking of my barrack room when I was in the Army. It was a squared room for 2 people with bathroom which I used for 19 months. This room was large enough for 2 soldiers to use it together. There are three reasons why it is special and meaningful to me. First, this room is not for Rok army soldiers, but for US Army soldier and KATUSA. KATUSA orginally belongs to the Rok Army, but because they work in the US Army with american soldiers, they are treated as american soldiers. Rok Army soldiers don't have their own room. Almost 15 people use their one room together. So they don't have their privacy, their own free time. But KATUSA who's selected randomly by their TOEIC point, can get their own, private room because they are treated as american soldiers. If the main door of the room is shut, privacy is keeped. No one can touch their privacy unless someone knock the door and wants to come in. So in there, I could take a rest, study, use the phone whis is forbidden, etc. Also, there are memories left in that room. All the memories I got in the Army is at there. I talked with my roomate all night long and drunk a few bottle of beer, had a great time with co-workers, etc. I would not forget those memories. These are everything of my army life. Lastly, I was in a really good relationship with my roomate who was 5 years older than me. I heared that even really close friends can get a trouble and fall out with each other when they live together. When I met my roomate, we were completely a stranger. So, at first, I was worried about living with him. But fortunately, we became best friends and we were quiet same in so may ways such as tastes of many things. It if had not been for living with him, we could not have had this relationship. In other words, this room makes us best friends to each other. After the army, I got a good friend. And now we still keep in touch. So, the barrack room where I used with my roomate when I was in the Army is a meaningful place to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, this is Park Tae Jun. I was worries at first view because it seems a little bit long, but I could read it fast since it was such an interesting piece of writing. Your topic sentence is very clear and I could know right away that you will write about the barrack room you were enlisted in KATUSA. What I liked the most is that the room is very special to you because you met the best roommate and you're still keeping in touch with him. Also it was interesting story that you drank with your roommate all night long. Your piece of writing could've been much better if you edit some grammartical errors. Nevertheless, your topic sentence, specific examples and conclusing sentence are all very well-written and organized!

    ReplyDelete