Thursday, April 12, 2012

Youna Lee/ About myself/ Mon 11 a.m.

Music lover

I am a music-loving person. I can not explain myself without saying music. For that much, music takes an important part of my life. There are several examples that proves my characteristic as a music lover. First of all, I played piano for a long time. I learned piano about 7 years when I was young. I wanted to learn more but I had to stop learning because I had to study for my high school. Even though I stopped going to the piano academy, I played the piano almost everyday. Whenever I had money, I bought music scores that I wanted to practice. Up until now, piano is my favorite instrument and it relieves my feelings when I got stressed out or I felt gloomy. Also, I love guitar very much. As soon as I finished my college entrance exam, I bought guitar. Since I had much free time at that period, I learned basic guitar techniques and spend most of my time practicing the guitar. When playing the guitar for the first time, my fingers really hurt that I want to give up. However I made an persistent efforts, callus formed in my fingers. Since then I could play it more easily and my fingers does not hurt any more. Now, I'm in a acoustic guitar club in HUFS, which is called noraenarae. I definitely love to share musical feelings and do band ensemble together. Lastly, of course, I love listening to various kinds of music. I especially like jazz, but I also listen rock, R&B, ballad, Hiphop, Folk, and many other genres too. Finding good songs and listen to it, and if I can, covering that song by piano or guitar gives me great pleasure. It makes me cheerful and energetic. Thanks to music, my life is much dynamic and happier.

3 comments:

  1. Hi my name is NaYeon Kwon. What I like about your writing is that it has clear topic. I can see your interest and love towards music because there are many examples and details about it. However, I think you are trying too give too much information. I can see that you want to fully explain about your interst, but may be removing some sentences that are less relevant could be removed. In that way, I think it could be even more clear. Other than that, I enjoyed your writing. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sense of Place

    Every Saturday, I usually go to public library near my house to borrow some books. To go to that library, I have to go through a quite big park. It is called 'Paris park'. As it has many amenities for people like good trails, basketball court, and variety of basic sporting goods, a lot of people visit there all the time especially on weekends. Most of all, in the center of the park, there is a big, silver colored fountain. It's bit old, but I feel it is still gorgeous. I think it's because of an un forgettable moment that I experienced around the fountain.
    When I was about 8 years old, my father taught me how to ride a bike. Paris park has was a excellent place for me to learn and practice riding bike as it has wide square in it. I practiced and practiced again, but I failed in succession. So I tried to break my fear about riding bike without auxiliary wheel. Finally I did it! I can not forget the moment I succeeded in riding bike in front of the beautiful fountain in the park. That fountain emits different colors of lights and I can firmly remember those shiny colored waterfalls. I can also remember the feeling of fresh air brushed my cheeks. That memory is so strong that whenever I see the fountain I can always feel that bewitched feeling.
    Above these, there are a lot of other valuable memories from Paris park. Although I have to move to another place in the future and can not visit there no more, I will always remember Paris park in my heart. It is the best place keeps my memories alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music Lover

    I am a music-loving person. I can not explain myself without saying music. For that much, music takes an important part of my life. There are several examples that proves my characteristic as a music lover. First of all, I played piano for a long time. I once had learned piano about 7 years when I was young. Even though I stopped going to the piano academy growing up, I played piano almost everyday. Whenever I had money, I bought music scores that I wanted to practice. Up until now, piano is my favorite instrument and it relieves my feelings when I got stressed out or I felt gloomy. Also, I love guitar very much. I absolutely love that soft and warm sound. So I started learning basic guitar techniques. When playing the guitar for the first time, my fingers really hurt that I want to give up. However I made an persistent efforts as I really aspire to play it well. As a result, callus formed in my fingers, I could play it more freely. Also now, I'm in a acoustic guitar club in HUFS, which is called noraenarae. We usually play acoustic music, and I definitely love to share musical feelings and do band ensemble together. Lastly, of course, I love listening to various kinds of music. I especially like jazz, but I also listen rock, R&B, ballad, Hiphop, Folk, and many other genres too. Finding good songs and listen to it, and if I can, covering that song by piano or guitar gives me great pleasure. It makes me cheerful and energetic. Thanks to music, my life is much dynamic and happier.

    ReplyDelete