Friday, April 27, 2012

Joan Yoon/The president I would vote for/Mon 34.

My dream president

 

A presidential election will be held in Korea next year. I wish to vote for a trustworthy candidate who will satisfy the people. There are countless virtues a leader should possess. First of all, I regard modesty the foremost factor. A president or a prime minister is just a person voted by citizens and have a strong responsibility to serve for them. In other words, a domineering manner is unacceptable. People have to be prioritized first. Trying to make more active communications and listening to their real stories by heart should be in practice. Other than carrying out designated official duties, caring his/her people in person is the real genuine leader. In addition, a president should be far-sighted and think globally. Unlike C.E.O who is giving requirements of the moment, the president has to think differently considering the far future of the country. Also, as this world is internationally connected, seeking how to coexist with various countries all over the world is necessary. Eventually, not forgetting his/her original intention and public promises before becoming a president will succeed presidential term. I will definitely vote for a candidate who meets all those conditions.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, This is Youna Lee. What I liked about your writing is that you explained your main points in confident tone. So I could more concentrate to your writing and I felt it is really persuasive. I really loved that. Such as 'a domineering manner is unacceptable' struck me powerfully. However, I think you tried to show too much points. Although I agree with your points, I think if you compact your main points and supporting those by specific reasons, it would be much better.
    But overall, I definitely enjoyed your writing. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Kyeong-eun Lee. I really enjoyed your writing because you listed some of features you think the politicians must have. What I likee most in your writing is "a domineering manner is unacceptable," as it shows how the politicians' must act. However, I think it would be better if you gave specific examples of Korean politicians -- i.e. your writing is little bit theoritical. But I overally was interested in your writing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete