Thursday, April 5, 2012

The person I admire/Joan Yoon/ Mon 11

The person I admire is Korean singer RAIN. His Korean name is Ji Hoon Jung. I'm not a big fan of him but he deserves great respects in various aspects. The most important fact I chose him as my topic is that he overcame all his hardships on his own. Before serving in army, he was designated in TIME magazine 2 years straight;2010 and 2011. As a Korean pop singer, it is an unprecedented event to be nominated in TIME magazine. Also, he was the first Korean to perform in Madison Square, NY. Not only in singing field, but also he was admitted in acting. In Hollywood movie "Ninja Assassin", it was a great chance to get world-wide attention. However, this enormous success was not made in one day. Living in poverty, he underwent gloomy childhood. Even dealing with economical problems, he never gave up his love of music and dancing. At last, he was adopted by JYP, very renowned entertainment company. Practicing 6 hours a day, he finally made his dreams come true. He is the living witness of "No pain, no gain." Getting over his poor background and physical complex by desperate efforts leads me to deep reflection. Apart from being a hot celebrity, his diligence and single mindedness made me praise him as a great man.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. What I like about your writing is that you explained enough information about who is RAIN and his works. It is written smoothly so that I could understand clearly. Especially I liked the sentence "He is the living witness of 'no pain, no gain." Its description is interesting and it shows his hard working. However, I couldn't understand clearly the word "single mindedness." So it would be better if you make it more clearly. Also you would have to add some different kinds of descriptive details beside just explanatioin. Overall, I enjoyed your writing and I also think RAIN is a great person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Joan Yoon
    From Da-hyun Yang


    Hi, I read your paragraph more clear and easily because of your definite topic and conclude sentence. You included many backgrounds of RAIN, thus I could know much about him than before. And The sentence I like most in your paragraph is 'Getting over his poor background and physical complex by desperate efforts leads me to deep reflection.' , because the specific word 'desperate' gave me something strong. But I think there are less descriptive details. For example, you can add some words in your first sentence which can describe Rain well like tall, muscular, attractive smile with his eyes and so on.

    ReplyDelete