Thursday, April 5, 2012

Kyeong-eun Lee / A Piece of Music / Mon34

Kyeong-eun Lee / A Piece of Music / Mon34

  My favorite music is "Change the World" by Eric Clapton and Babeface, famous English and American singers. The original version of this music is sung by Eric Clapton only, but the live versions of these two singers attract me most. This music is very rhythmical, cheerful and sympathetic, as the lyrics are about wishing to be a king and changing the world as I want. There are several reasons I like this version rather than the original version. Fist, it has magnificent playing of musical instruments, especially guitar. The sounds of guitar are in tune throughout the song, but it also felt like improvisation as it sometimes out of tune on purpose, to give the audiences sense of variation. Second, it contains a humorous part. In the middle of the song, two singers and the instrumental players pretend as the music has finished and stop singing and playing; yet after joyful audiences' applauses, and some tatting talks of two singers, suddenly the music starts again. The last one is the harmony between Eric Clapton and Babyface. As the two are great singers, the synergy arises in the showing off their talents. The above are the reasons I love this song, and I think it will be my favorite for a long time.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! This is YoungHoon Kim.
    Before I read your writing, I didn't know that there was another version of "Change the world". This made me interested in your paragraph. You explained the song well with appropriate adjectives. What I liked about your writing is that you gave three reasons in a specific way. Since you gave description on some part of the song, I could imagine what it sound like. But the word "improvisation" you used is a difficult word so it would have been better to explain the word in the sentence or change it into easier word. Overall, the writing was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my name is NaYeon Kwon. I like your writing because it clearly shows what you're trying to say. You described the song very well that I want to hear it once. However,I see some words that are a bit awkward.For example, sentences like "it contains a humorous part". I think it could be better you just said "some parts are very funny that makes me smile". And the second last sentence into "Because both of them are such a great singers, they make even a greater sounds together".

    ReplyDelete