Friday, April 6, 2012

Jung-In SIM / A favorite piece of art or music / Mon 3.4

My favorite piece of music is 'Chaconne (Partita for solo violin No.2 BWV 1004-5 chaconne)' composed by Bach.J.S. As it's so famouse and loved by so many people for a long time, there are various versions of this music by guitar, piano and so on, although it was actually composed for violin. It was last winter vacation that I came to know this music. I met an italian whose job is musician who plays classical guitar, while traveling USA during summer vacation last year. I keeped in touch with him by exchanging emails so many times after I came back home. Then in last winter vacation, he sent me a parcel including a cd where his playing is recorded as a gift. And that was the first time I listened to the 'Chaconne' played by guitar. I was so into this music that I found other versions and listened to them all. Though it's all same music under the name of 'Chaconne by Bach' , there are many differences among each of them as they are plyaed by different musical instruments. But I like the version of violin and guitar the most. The violin version, the original one, sounds very sad and strong that it makes me imagine a woman suffering from a deep sadness and anger. On the other hand, the guitar version is calm and soft though it also contains a sadness. I can say that the violin version reminds me the winter in snowstorm, whereas the guitar one reminds me a forest turned into all brown and yellow in autumn. And It's the charm of this music for I can enjoy various kind of arrangements in different mood. That's the reason why 'Chaconne' is my favorite piece of music.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Park, Hee-june. What I like is your writing has a logical description, so I can follow your way and imagine it easily. But some of phrases are too long, so I read them over and over for understanding. If you fix them, that will be more simple. (Do you remember, K.I.S.S.? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my name is Han Byol Kim. What I like about your piece of writing is that you have a detailed description. You introduced well about how Chaconne became your favourite piece of music. You gave me enough background information. The phrases that stroke me the most are the description of Chaconne in accordance with some musical instruments. I enjoyed reading it. I think you did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A favorite piece of music - Chaconne
    My favorite piece of music is 'Chaconne (Partita for solo violin No.2 BWV 1004-5 chaconne)' composed by Bach.J.S. As it's so famous and loved by so many people for a long time, there are various versions of this music by guitar, piano and so on, although it was actually composed for violin. I came to know this music thanks to my friend. I met an italian while traveling USA during summer vacation last year. His job was musician and he played classical guitar. I kept in touch with him by exchanging emails so many times after I came back home. Then in last winter vacation, he sent me a parcel including a cd where his playing is recorded as a gift. And that was the first time I listened to the 'Chaconne' played by guitar. I was so into this music that I found other versions and listened to them all. Though it's all same music under the name of 'Chaconne by Bach' , there are many differences among each of them as they are played by different musical instruments. But I like the version of violin and guitar the most. The violin version, the original one, sounds very sad and strong that it makes me imagine a woman suffering from a deep sadness and anger. On the other hand, the guitar version is calm and soft though it also contains a sadness. I can say that the violin version reminds me the winter in snowstorm, whereas the guitar one reminds me a forest turned into all brown and yellow in autumn. And It's the charm of this music for I can enjoy various kind of arrangements in different mood. That's the reason why 'Chaconne' is my favorite piece of music.

    ReplyDelete