Monday, April 2, 2012

Wonpil lee/Sence of Place/ Monday 34/

Sense of Place

In my dream, I have seen the same place repeatedly. The place is my room where I lived at my childhood. In the room of the dream, I was always playing alone and reading alone. But I feel neither lonely nor desolate. Instead, I feel comfortable as if I naturally breath in the womb of my mother. In that misty area around my little body, I see the faded old wardrobe, a bookshelf and a record player. With the longing scent of the humidity from the old wardrobe, I can listen to the familiar melody by Carpenters. Having the Lego block in my mouth, I am  humming the Sha-la-la-la with the taste of a plastic piece. Even though I wake up from the dream, the faded song still remains. Because now I can understand the meaning of the lyrics, I am eaten up with the nostalgic emotion. At this moment, listening to the song, Yesterday once more, I shed tears unconciously. Every sha-la-la-la, every wo-u-wo-uh still shine.

1 comment:

  1. Second Draft

    In my dream, I have seen a same place repeatedly. The place is my room where I lived in my childhood. In the small room of the dream, I am always playing alone and reading alone. But it is not such a desolate scenery. I do not feel lonely. Instead, I feel comfortable as if I breathe in the womb of my mother. In that misty area around my little body, I see a faded wardrobe, a wooden bookshelf, and an old record player. With the longing scent of the humidity from the worn-out wardrobe and bookself, a familiar melody, ‘Yesterday once more’ fills the entire room. Having a piece of Lego blocks in my mouth, I am humming Sha-la-la-la. Then with the taste of a plastic product, the smell of humidity from old furniture, and the voice of Karen Carpenter, I feel as if I were in the longing room actually. Even if I wake up, the faded scenery, the faded odor, and the faded song still remain. Not only ‘every sha-la-la-la, every wo-u-wo-uh’, but also the senses of my room still shine from the bottom of my mind.

    ReplyDelete